Wednesday, June 28, 2006

This should be fun...

The way my company works its global marketing strategy is that in each segment, one country takes a leadership role and assists the other countries around the world with their business plans. For example, I have the leadership role in Semiconductor Manufacturing (because so many of the machines are made in the USA) while my work in the packaging industry is directed out of our office in Italy. Today, at the conference I am attending, I met my new counterpart from Italy and all I can say is that I've been paired with Roberto Benigni!

Not only does this fellow have the effusive, bubbly, excitable character of Benigni, but he kind of resembles him AND his first name is Roberto and his Italian last name starts with "B"!

There is no way I'm going to be able to put that image out of my head when working with this guy. This should be fun...or at least interesting.

No comments: