Monday, June 26, 2006

Made it

Turns out we made up all but about 10 minutes in the air due to favorable winds, but honestly it wouldn't have mattered. Brussels Airport is an awesome airport to connect through. Nice and quiet and convenient transfers, no luggage hassles, no passport control if you're in transit. Not at all like Heathrow or Charles de Gaulle the last few times I've been through there. I think it took me a grand total of 10 minutes to change gates, and that included a trip through security.

Had a nice flight down to Prague on Czech Airlines, where I learned from the in flight magazine that Peter Cech transported a porcupine and a lemur to London when he transferred to Chelsea, and CSK arlines flew them there.

I was a little anxious about flying Czech Air not knowing what to expect, but I was impressed. Roomy, leather seats...a complimentary sandwich and soda snack...and even a "landing sweet" (a piece of chocolate). More than you can expect from American Airlines.

I took a taxi to the hotel. Not having any concept of where anything is here, I would swear the cabbie took me on the "scenic" route...it certainly wasn't direct. If it hadn't been a flat-rate fare I would have been worried. Nevertheless, I got to the hotel too early to check in but an hour later I managed to get into my room and splash some cold water on my face. I've had 90 minutes of sleep and my meeting starts 20 minutes from now, and runs until 10pm tonight.

I got a response from the Aussie ex-pat group but now I don't know if I'll be able to make. We'll have to see what they have planned for team-building tonight at the meeting (and if it involves a TV tuned to the soccer match).

No comments: