Thursday, June 29, 2006

283 Steps

283 Steps. That's how many stairs you have to climb to reach the top of the bell tower at St. Vitus Cathedral, which is situated inside Prague Castle high above the city centre. I'm not sure what possessed me to climb them but the reward was a brilliant view of the beautiful city of Prague and the Vltava River.

I finally found some free time today after my meeting ended and visited a few of the sites. Besides the aforementioned castle and cathedral, which was absolutely gorgeous (see pictures here), I also saw St George's Basilica, the Prague Toy Museum, the Charles Bridge, and the Astronomical Clock.

Ironically, we walked up on the Astronomical Clock just on the stroke of 5pm so we got to see the little animated "Apostles Dance", which frankly was a little anti-climatic after hearing about it from several others who had visited Prague. I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Munich.

No comments: