Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Top 10 Favorite Tragematopolists

I stumbled across this neat website called "Save the Words" at www.savethewords.org which promotes bringing under-used words back into the popular lexicon. I'm doing my part by adopting the word Tragematopolist.
So to get the ball rolling, and at least get one more Google hit for the word, here's my list of my Top 10 favorite Tragematopolists:
  1. Amy's Ice Cream - An Austin, TX original version of Cold Stone Creamery -- you've got to try the Mexican Vanilla with fresh strawberries.
  2. Kilwin's - walking distance from my house and fantastic fudge!
  3. Every shop in Rothenburg ob der Tauber that sells Schneeballen
  4. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - their caramel apples are to die for!
  5. Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops - Cherry Garcia Waffle Cone Sundae, need I say more?
  6. Cracker Barrel - I love the "old tyme" candies like Necco wafers and Mint Sticks.
  7. The Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop in San Francisco (the one on Michigan Ave. in Chicago works too in a pinch).
  8. The aisle vendors at the circus selling Cotton Candy
  9. Dairy Queen - you can find them just about everywhere!
  10. Any convenience store or movie theater concession where I can get some SweetTarts or other Willy Wonka Candies.
So next time you're satisfying your sweet tooth, be sure to use the word Tragematopolist!

No comments: