Friday, March 23, 2007

Bologna, Venice, and Work

Most people don't believe that my business travel to Europe is actually work, but here's a photo to prove it...

Of course, while I was here, I did get a little chance to tour a bit in the area around Bologna where our offices here in Italy are located. I've put some pictures from the trip on Flickr.

All the pictures were taken at night and are a little dark (I swear I was in meetings from 8am to 6pm everyday). The highlight of the trip was when a group of us, on a lark, decided to jump in a couple of cars and travel to Venice (about 100 miles away) for an evening stroll around Piazza San Marcos and along the Grand Canal. It was pretty quiet (as we didn't arrive until after 9pm), but it was beautiful beyond description. I can only imagine what it must look like in person during the daytime. I can't wait to return. It is one of the most intriguing cities I've ever visited.

No comments: