Wednesday, August 09, 2006

TriSoccerFan in Print



For those of you that don't know, I run a soccer supporters club and news site in the Raleigh-Durham area. TriSoccerFan is an all-consuming labor of love. I don't get paid anything to run it, we don't make ad revenue through the site, etc. It's a pretty thankless effort save for the kind emails that I often get from my readers (which I thoroughly appreciate!). But every now and then, there is a little reward for all the hard effort.

Yesterday in the mail, I received a copy of Issue 01, 2006 of Wednesday: The Official Matchday Programme of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. An Owls supporter who had been reading the TSF site during the SWFC tour of the States recognized my name in the photo credits of some of the pictures and was kind enough to send me a copy.

I knew the communications director at SWFC had asked about using my pictures in print, but I never imagined that they would use them so prominently and prolifically throughout the magazine. This may be just about the coolest thing ever to come of my amateur photo work for the TSF site!

In addition to the table of contents photo of Deon Burton above, here are some other pages that included my photos. Click on the image to see the full size picture. The original photos as they appeared on my TSF site can be found here and here.


No comments: